Hi, everyone! There is definitely a lot of cool and amazing apps out there for Android OS Phones, but which ones really stand out and come handy with the best performance? Well the answer for this question I think depends on many things like the specs of you phone, your taste! and etc…
Anyways, In this post (the first post of the site) I will be listing my choice of the Top 10 Free Android Apps. So with no further do, here they are:
1 – CamScanner
The first App I will be sharing with you is the amazing CamScanner! This App gives you the ability to quickly scan documents of all kinds and auto-optimize the scans quality using its unique technology. The scanning process is by your phones camera. Let’s say that your in a hurry and you really have to scan some documents. This is where CamScanner can come really handy. You simply just take a picture of the document and the app itself will do the cropping and enhancing so that the text look clear and sharp. You can scan receipts, notes, invoices, whiteboard discussions, business cards, certificates, etc. You can then easily share the docs in PDF or JPEG format with others via social media, email attachment or sending the doc link. The amazing part is that it’s Free! But for those who want to take it further, can purchase it’s Pro version.
App Website : CamScanner.com
App on Google Play : Download CamScanner
2 – ES File Explorer File Manager
ES File Explorer is a free, full-featured file and application manager.
It functions as all of these apps in one: file manager, application manager, task killer, download manager, cloud storage client (compatible with Dropbox, Google Drive, SkyDrive, Box.net, Sugarsync, Yandex, Amazon S3, and Ubuntu One…), FTP client, and LAN Samba client.
It provides access to pictures, music, video, documents, and other files on both your Android devices and your computers.
ES File Explorer allows Android users, no matter where they are, to manage their resources freely. You can access all of your files from your mobile device and share them with others. This app makes it easy to stay connected over 3G, 4G, EDGE, or Wi-Fi to share with friends, upload photos, and watch videos.
ES File Explorer 3.0 currently supports 30+ languages:
English, Russian, Japanese, Korea, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Czech, Hungarian, Ukrainian, Tamil, Catalan, Turkish, Lithuanian, Portuguese…
App on Google Play : Download ES File Explorer File Manager
3 – Evernote
You’re on the path to something big — Evernote is where you do the work to achieve it.
Write notes of all types, from short lists to lengthy research, and access them on any device.
Collect web articles, handwritten notes, and photos to keep all the details in one place.
Find your work quickly with Evernote’s powerful search.
Move projects forward with Evernote:
- Take notes: write in a clean, distraction-free workspace.
- Get organized: create notebooks and add tags to wrangle projects.
- Access anywhere: keep your work in sync across devices.
- Find anything fast: text in notes, photos, and PDFs is searchable.
- Share ideas and resources: create a workspace for collaboration with shared notebooks.
- Keep up with to-do’s: make to-do lists and check items off as you go.
- Harness creativity: capture ideas while they’re fresh, wherever you are.
- Prepare for meetings: draft agendas and to-do’s for next time.
- Manage expenses: organize receipts, bills, and invoices to keep expense reports in check.
- Plan business travel: save reservations and tickets for simple trip planning.
App Website : Evernote.com
App on Google Play : Download Evernote
4 – Feedly
The web is filled with great blogs, Youtube channels, tumblr blogs, news sites and other RSS feeds. Feedly is a reading tool that lets you curate, read and share what matters to you.
Millions of people use feedly every day on their iPhone or iPad to connect to the blogs that matter to them. From tech to business to design to cooking to fashion, feedly helps you discover new Youtube channels, blogs or news sites you can add to your feedly and easily read in one place.
Because it is powered by RSS, feedly is an open system: you can add any RSS feed to your feedly and easily read the content of that feed on the go. Just enter the URL of that feed in the search bar.
Feedly integrates seamlessly with Facebook, Twitter, Evernote, Buffer, OneNote, Pinterest, LinkedIn and others so that you can easily share the content you read in your feedly with your friends and colleagues.
App Website : Feedly.com
App on Google Play : Download Feedly
5 – Google Camera
Google Camera captures quick and easy photos and videos, and takes advantage of your Android device’s computing power with image enhancing features like HDR+, Lens Blur, Wide Angle, Panorama and Photo Sphere.
- Simple Interface – Capture photos and video quickly with Google Camera’s simple and intuitive interface
- Lens Blur – Manipulate the camera’s depth of field using Lens Blur to focus on the subject in the foreground and blur the background; great for portraits and selfies
- Photo Stitching – Create amazing 360° Photo Sphere, panoramas, wide angle and fisheye image captures with Google’s photo stitching technology developed for Google Maps
- Video – Shoot video and simultaneously capture stills just by tapping on the screen
- Android Wear – Control the camera from a distance
- HDR+ – Use the HDR+ (High Dynamic Range) setting to improve images captured in low light, and backlit scenes (only available on Nexus 5 and Nexus 6)
- Works on phones and tablets running Android 4.4+ KitKat and above
- Photo Sphere and Panorama require a gyro sensor (not available on Moto G)
- Photo Sphere, Panorama, and Lens Blur require at least 1 gigabyte of memory
- Android L Developer Preview (LPV79) users: Google Camera app will not work on this early preview build. Only final factory system images are supported.
App on Google Play : Download Google Camera
6 – Google Hangouts
Hangouts is a communications app that lets you send and receive messages, photos and more, and even start free video and voice calls — one-on-one or with a group!
- Send and receive both Hangouts and text messages (SMS/MMS) and easily switch between message types.
- Include all your friends with group chats for up to 100 people.
- Say more with photos, maps, emoji, and animated GIFs.
- Turn any conversation into a free group video call with up to 10 friends.
- Make phone calls (and all calls to other Hangouts users are free!).
- Connect with friends across Android, iOS, and web, and sync chats across all your devices.
- Message friends anytime, even if they’re offline.
Notes: Mobile carrier and ISP charges may apply. Calls to Hangouts users are free, but other calls might come with a charge. View our calling rates at https://www.google.com/hangouts/rates
App on Google Play : Download Google Hangouts
7 – Google Keyboard
Google Keyboard makes text input smart and easy. Glide through letters with Gesture Typing. Compose notes on-the-go using your voice. With amazing word recognition and next-word prediction, Google Keyboard helps you type faster and more accurately on all your Android devices.
When you can’t find the right thing to say, you don’t have to write at all. The new Google Keyboard supports hundreds of emojis, so you can express yourself in any Android app (Android 4.4 and up).
- Material design themes
- Personalized suggestions, corrections, and completions
- Keypress popup animations
- Emoji entry point and layouts (Android 4.4 and up)
- Gesture Typing with dynamic floating preview
- Space-aware Gesture Typing: just gesture through the space bar
- Voice Typing
- Dictionaries for more than 25 languages
- Advanced keyboard layouts
- Works across your Android devices (tablets and phones)
App on Google Play : Download Google Keyboard
8 – Google Translate
Break through language barriers with Google Translate.
- Translate between 80 languages
- Converse naturally and let Google translate
- Speak, type, write, or take a picture to translate
- Translate offline while traveling. No internet connection needed.
- Save your translations and access from any device
(Camera input and offline translation are available for Android 2.3 and above)
Translations between the following languages are supported:
Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cebuano, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong, Hungarian, Icelandic, Igbo, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kannada, Khmer, Korean, Lao, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yiddish, Yoruba, Zulu
App on Google Play : Download Google Translate
9 – Snapseed
Snapseed is the only photo app you’ll want to use every day. It makes any photograph extraordinary with a fun, high-quality photo experience right at your fingertips.
Anyone can enhance, transform, and share their photos with ease using incredibly advanced features from the leader in digital photography software. Built-in Google+ capabilities make it even more powerful to share your images with your friends and family.
PRAISE FOR SNAPSEED:
“Snapseed…first-class photo-editing software.” ~~Roy Furchgott, New York Times
“Snapseed…offers an incredible level of control over its effects and filters.” ~~Jaymar Cabebe, CNET
- Easily adjust your photos with a single tap using Auto Correct
- Tweak your photo to perfection with Tune Image
- Use Selective Adjust to enhance specific objects or areas in your photos
- Experiment with fun & innovative filters like Drama, Vintage, Grunge, and Tilt-Shift
- Add Image Borders for a finishing touch
- Share your creations via Google+, email, and any other service you have installed.
- Android OS 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or later
- Phone or Tablet
- JPEG photos
- Language support: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified), and Arabic
App on Google Play : Download Snapseed
10 – Zapya
And last but not least, Zapya, the fastest tool for cross-platform sharing. Helping Over 100 Million Users.
1) Cross-platform sharing for Android, iOS devices and Windows PC;
2) Fast transferring speed without the need of WiFi or mobile data;
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/izapya
Zapya can transfer photo, music, video, and other file types from one device to another device without the aid of mobile network nor Wi-Fi routers. The content is duplicated directly from phone to phone at 128 times Bluetooth speed!
There are now 100 million Zapya fans all over the world. Zapya is more innovative than Bump and much faster than Bump. Although Zapya doesn’t limit the content you share, please spread only appropriate files responsibly. Enjoy your time with friends!
App on Google Play : Download Zapya