Google has released Android Studio 1.0 which is the official Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for Android application development. Android Studio provides everything you need to create amazing applications. It makes Android development even easier by giving all the tools you need.
Android Studio is based on IntelliJ IDEA. On top of the capabilities you expect from IntelliJ, Android Studio offers:
- Flexible Gradle-based build system
- Build variants and multiple
- Code templates to help you build common app features
- Rich layout editor with support for drag and drop theme editing
- Lint tools to catch performance, usability, version compatibility, and other problems
- ProGuard and app-signing capabilities
- Built-in support for Google Cloud Platform, making it easy to integrate Google Cloud Messaging and App Engine
- And much more
To see a full list of Android Studio’s features and download it go visit the Android Studio Page.